Why Safer Drivers Course?
Safer Drivers Course has been introduced by NSW government from July 2013 and it has been designed by Roads & Maritime Services (RMS) as having goal of safe driving practice for learner drivers under 25 years old. A research shows that Learners are in much risk of crash and accident while they are on the mode of getting P1 and also shows that the learners who have more supervised driving practice has less chance of fatal crash.
Main aim of safer drivers course is to make people aware of safe and defensive driving methods, which can help them in future also. To improve learner drivers' level of driving and enhance it to defensive driving level, is the purpose of Onroad Driving School for Safer Drivers Course.
Both theoretical and practical driving lessons are being provided by Onroad under safer drivers course, which focuses on:
- Main safe driving tips covered
- Speed management
- Hazard awareness
- Safe following distance (Driving Methods to avoid tailgaters)
- Gap selection (Drive with safe gap between cars)
- Risk avoidance
- Crash control
- And other Driving Strategies that will help in avoiding risks on road.
Safer Drivers Course and Learner logbook system :
A learner driver must have 120 hours entitled in his logbook under various conditions. If both the modules of safer drivers course be completed, learner driver will have 20 hours reduced in his logbook, i.e. he will need 100 hours more. As an advantage, if a learner driver go through 10 hours of professional driving lessons, 20 hours are entitled under his logbook.
If a learner driver opt for safer drivers course with a school like Onroad Driving School, total of 50 hours will be reduced from compulsory 120 hours.
Here is a logbook hours data:
|Learner Driver Courses||Real Training Hours||Bonus Hours||Logbook Total Hours||Prise $|
|Safer Drivers Course||5 Hours (3 + 2)||20 Hours||120 Hours||$140|
- 10 Hours - Driving Lesson
|10* Hours||30 Hours||120 Hours||$580|
|Safer Drivers Course|
|15 Hours||50 Hours||70 Hours||$ 720|
for 50 Logbook Hours
*This is in addition to the 10 hours spent driving during the lessons. Professional lessons totaling more than ten hours will not provide additional credit.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Safer Drivers Course is available to learner drivers under age of 25 years in NSW
- A learner driver must have completed 50 logbook driving hours
- These hours are excluded from Professional Driving Lessons hours $140 payable to Onroad Driving School
- Must attend Module 1 and Module 2 within time frame of 4 weeks